Saturday 3 September 2011

Grower, not a shower.

I've been spending a lot of time at the gym over the past 4 months. There are a number of things I don't like about my body, and I really want to change them. Going to a gym has been a great experience. While progress is slow, there is progress and I'm feeling more confident, looking better, and getting stronger.

It stands to reason that if you are working out at a gym, you're going to see a lot of dicks, and the experience can be humbling.

As noted here, I'm a grower - not a shower, and I hate it. I didn't realize that most of my insecurities were tied to my flaccid penis until I joined a gym. With a hard-on, I feel good about myself - no issues, but soft, I'm ready to hide under a rock. For some reason my self-worth depends of the non-verbal opinions of a room full of strange men. That doesn't make and sense, does it?

My first thoughts about what I was seeing in the locker room were depressing. Everybody seemed to have a bigger dick than me. I know I have a 'better-than-statistically-average' penis, so how is it possible that everyone is bigger than me when I know they cant be?

First of all, the men standing around waving their peckers are proud of their dicks and know they show well - but that is hardly all of the men. I realized that of all the men that were getting showered/changed, at least half the men kept their backs turned while changing, or covered themselves with a towel etc. I'm going to guess that  50% of men didn't care who saw them naked.

Secondly, according to what I've read, 75% of men are growers, and the rest are showers. A shower is a man who gains up to 150% in length compared to their flaccid state. A grower is a man who gains more than 150% in length. In my case, I gain about 250% (very common).

So, as a grower I am now about 2.5" flaccid. If I was a typical shower, and only gained 150% in length, my flaccid penis would be a out 4.3" long - which would look pretty good! My 'shower' size looks about average for the guys that I see at the gym.

Lets suppose there are only 100 men at the gym, and only 50 of them are comfortable being naked around other men only because they are comfortable with the size of their dick, or statistically have a bigger penis, we could assume:

  • 30 of the men will have a larger penis than me based on the fact that my erection size puts me in the 65-70 cumulative percentile for length - 30+ of the men statistically have a bigger dick.
  • If the average man (approx 5.7" in length) makes up about 30% of the gym population (as statistics suggest) and if 25% of these men are showers, than 8 men of average length at this gym should have a 4"+ flaccid penis, again larger than me.
So, of the 50 men who are comfortable with their bodies, 38+ of them will have a larger flaccid penis than I do, despite the fact that I am apparently in the top 65-70 cumulative percentile for length.

So, I was right! Almost everyone at the gym does seem to have a bigger dick than I do - but that's based on a number of factors that severely prejudice the sample I'm comparing myself to.

Bottom line, it's stupid for me to care, and it's stupid for me to compare. That being said, I don't think I'm the least bit more confident, but at least I'm not going to dwell on it.





No comments:

Post a Comment