Saturday 10 December 2011

No Change - No Surprise

It's been almost 30 days since my last weight-in and there's been no change. I'm not really surprised.

If I wanted to force a change I could. I'm sure I could twist and bent and stretch myself till I gained a 1/16", but I'm not going to bother. I'm not going to force a result that isn't there. The routine feels good, and is working well (insofar as I enjoy it, it doesn't hurt, and doesn't consume a huge amount of my time).

I am not discouraged by the results in the least as I go the a gym regularly and I'm trying to lose some extra weight. I know that when building strength or losing some pounds you are going to plateau. The trick is to continue working through the plateau as it will pay off down the road. Plateaus are what stop lots of people from succeeding beyond the initial returns.

Talk to you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, interesting blog. As I flipped through different (scientific) studies indicating gains/no gains and statistics that accompany them, I started wondering how - physically possible - big the change in length/girth may be. I mixed my considerations with self-reported studies (compensating for certain "male exaggeration syndrome":)). I started believing that maximum attainable length gain is ca. 1 inch. Your result somehow confirms my assumption. Then the question arises, how much the possible gain is determined by individual's physicality and how much it depends on consistency and continuity + (of course) correctness of one's routine.
    Another interesting point of PE, which I miss here in your blog, is its effect on sexual performance. Usually, different sources advertise somehow enhanced durability, stamina, experiences etc. I am curious about these "side effects".
    Perhaps I'll try my own blog and test that theory myself. The funny thing is I would have similar starting conditions to yours. The only killer would be consistency...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks the comment anon.

    To be blunt, I've never had any issues with sexual performance with regards to stamina and durability, and I can say there has been no change in that area since I started this program. I have a tough time understanding how the two are tied? It seems to me its a marketing strategy, but, as the blog states, I'm a skeptic. ;)

    ReplyDelete